Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Bawdy Storytelling's 'SapioSexual'
Saturday, July 21, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 11:55 PM
San Francisco, CA
- Notoriously brilliant Sexologist Dr Carol Queen
- Foxy femme & Sex educator Maxine Holloway
- Genderfork founder Sarah Dopp
- Scientist & Pornographer Ned Mayhem
- SexLoveJoy's Lidia Anain
- The Sex-positive Parent's Airial Clark
- Mega-geek & Slam poet Wonder Dave
- Music by Taco of Tacos on Prom Night
Sapiosexual: (n.) Becoming attracted to or aroused by intelligence and its use. Origins: From the Latin root sapien, wise or intelligent, and Latin sexualis, relating to the sexes.
Hey smarty, wanna party? If you're finding yourself drawn to that professorial pin-up boy, Dr. Stephen Hawking; if you do the Sunday Times crossword in pen, or have impure thoughts about what you could do with a retro-fitted Large Hadron Collider (the "largest Fleshlight™ in the world!"), then this is the evening for you. Bawdy’s doing another rare Saturday night show, and it’s dedicated to those size queens who salivate at the flash of a MENSA membership card, rather than a massive package. As Sister Roxane Roles likes to say: The hell with yer naughty bits; show us your naked BRAIN!
Bawdy Storytelling- the girl who wants to put her Heidegger in your Derrida - presents an evening of real world Einsteins with big libidos and even bigger IQs. Our handpicked line-up of pervy brainiacs will put down their copy of Kant's "Groundwork of the Metaphysic of Morals," put their pants back on, & spend their Saturday night telling you true stories that illustrate where their ‘intellect’ and ‘sex drive’ Venn diagrams intersect. Those nerds on "The Big Bang Theory" have no idea what a really big bang is about, do they? Join us on July 21st and let’s celebrate the cerebellum, Bawdy style!
•Tickets are $15 in advance/ $20 at the door
• Pre-sale tickets for SapioSexual include a discount code for Kinky Salon's Harem Nights - can you say AFTERPARTY?
Read all about Kinky Salon's PAL policy at
• Just added: We'll have Aphrodisiac lollipops available from Elevated Dates - lick your pop while you listen!
-Carol Queen is the founding director of the Center for Sex & Culture and has written or edited a bunch of books about sex, including Exhibitionism for the Shy, Real Live Nude Girl, and PoMoSexuals. She has a PhD in sexology and is not afraid to use it. She's presenting at the upcoming CatalystCon and is working on a new book of essays, sort of "sex-positivity for the New Yorker set."
- Ned Mayhem is a physics graduate student who has been a performer in straight, gay, and queer pornography since 2010. He has appeared in films that have been recognized at Cinekink, AVN, and Feminist Porn Awards. With his partner Maggie Mayhem, Ned runs the independent "DIY" porn site MeetTheMayhems.com showcasing the couple's own brand of perversely heartwarming queer sexuality. Ned also uses the software he has developed for MeetTheMayhems to empower other adult performers and independent studios to control their own web presence and monetize their own content. In addition to MeetTheMayhems.com, Ned’s software runs such sites as Femifist.com, QueerlySF.com, and KittyStryker.com. Ned loves to share his pornographics enthusiasm with crowds, and he's spoken at MomentumCon 2012, Sex Week at Harvard, Arse Elektronika, Hackmeet, Nerd Nite SF, and OpenSF. If you want to chat - or screw - drop him a line!
- Airial Clark, MA is the founder of The Sex-Positive Parent; a resource for parents with alternative sexualities. Airial has a Master's Degree in Human Sexuality from SF State University and is the parent of two tweenagers. She creates workshops for Queer, Kinky, or Poly parents looking for strategies and support. Airial is the parenting columnist for Fearless Press and the Editorial Director of the Sex-Positive Photo Project. She is a regular contributor to Shades Magazine, Good Vibrations, and Lidia-Anain's Sex, Love, Joy. You can find out more about Airial at thesexpositiveparent.com.
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits in 10 minutes of less. Currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, Bawdy is expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com